What's the BEST that could happen?
I used to be against New Year's Resolutions.
Everyone is doing it.
They are always the same.
They always get broken.
I put a sticker on my computer recently, though, that says, "What's the BEST that could happen?"
Rather than being pessimistic, feeling defeated before I even start, what would happen if I looked at new goals and dreams for the year with the outlook of my sticker?
What's the BEST that could happen?
As I brainstorm and plan for this coming year, that is my hope. To look for and expect the BEST that could come.
So here goes... I don't think I'll have many, but if I follow through with the few I do have, I can only imagine the changes that will occur.
2023 Goals
Word for the Year - Contentment
PHYSICAL HEALTH
- Reality: I need to lose 70 pounds.
- Best that could happen
- Feel better
- More energy
- Play with Rosie more
- Better sex life
- Opens opportunities for saying yes to more activities
- Better health results at physicals
- Live longer - less risk for serious health conditions
- Better Self Confidence/mental health
- More options for clothes shopping
- Enjoy exercise and working out again
- Gain strength that I have lost over the years
- Feeling of empowerment and more control over my body
- How to get there
- Ask people to pray for diligence
- Go to the YMCA 2-3X a week
- Eat from 11am-7pm
- Sweets & alcohol only on Saturday
- Stick to eating at home and weekly meal planning meals
- No Starbucks or fast food
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LORD
- Reality: I long to spend more consistent time with the Lord
- Best that could happen
- Feeling grounded
- Steady
- Peace
- Contentment
- Expectation of what the Lord is doing
- Joy
- Sense of Purpose
- Continued growth
- Contentment & Gratitude for where I am in life
- How to get there
- Work on BSF study daily rather than all at once
- Get up early to spend time with the Lord in the quiet of the morning
- Go to BSF on Wednesday mornings
- Reality: I long to use more of the creative part of me. I thrive when I create. Writing. Art. Design. Seeing the world through colors, patterns, descriptive words, organization, beauty
- Best that could happen
- Peace
- Joy
- Use a part of my brain that I love to use
- Using my passions
- Feel less unsettled
- Feel more like an adult and my own self
- Find a way to use it as a career
- Life-giving energy
- How to get there (This one feels more blurry as I do not want to do these things just for me, but to be used to touch other's lives. Without social media or a job to invest these talents into, I am not sure how to do that.)
- Blog once a week
- Pray that the Lord would present opportunities to use these skills and I would say, "yes"
- maybe find an online graphic design or art course to go through