Through Jason's Eyes

We got our family pictures back last week. They are beautiful. So beautiful. So many smiles and beautiful light. Rosie was beautiful as always. Jason an adoring husband and daddy. You can see it in his eyes.

Yet all I saw at first...

...was how much weight I have gained over the past couple of years. How I wish I had worn a different dress and done my hair differently. 

And it bugged me. And it bugged me that it bugged me. 

I felt ugly in the pictures. I felt selfish that that is what I was focusing on versus the other people in picture. That they are pictures of a whole family, not just me. How I wanted to feel free to acknowledge that it made me sad that this is what I was focusing on.

Then Jason...

Through his eyes, he saw a family that loved each other. That has had multiple years that have been hard, but that truly have joy, love and connection. That have fun together. That are a gift.